Welcome to our new website! A hub for urban green space inspiration and information—and a model to replicate.
In a sense, it’s been 25 years in the works. What started as a simple concept—the notion of creating urban green spaces intended for mindful reflection, stress reduction and community strengthening—has evolved to represent much more.
By working closely with over 130 communities over the years: under-served urban neighborhoods, cities recovering from disasters, hospitals, schools and prisons—we’ve learned a few things about the impacts these kinds of spaces can bring to people and communities. And what design elements, principles and practices work best to yield these results.
Over the last year, we laid out all our stories, insights and assets on a big (virtual) table. And then we got to work, knitting them together to best serve other communities looking for ways to improve health, foster unity and inspire hope—through nature.
The outcome? Come and see—we’ll guide you through a virtual tour of some of the unique offerings on our new site.
- What is Nature Sacred? An overview of what we do, what we offer and how we can help communities infuse nature into their daily lives.
- Why do cities need nature? A peek into our philosophy—why we exist, really.
- How does it work? The evidence—broken down by impact area. A curated collection of emerging research that reveals nature’s abilities to heal.
- How can I get started? Explore our model for building a Sacred Place—and a step-by-step guide to show you how.
- I need to advocate. Feel free to leverage any of these assets from our Resource Center—a searchable library of infographics, videos, case studies, research and more!
- I might need a coach. We’ve got you—either we can help you or we’ll connect you with one of these Network advisors—our Firesouls—to answer any questions or lend guidance along the way.
This website is an organic entity; we’re updating it as research continues to surface—both ours and allied organizations’ published studies that help you make the case for nature in your community. Every week we’ll surface new stories and vignettes from our Network—providing colorful insights of daily life in our Sacred Places, new case studies, tips and lessons learned. Watch this space and sign up for email news as things happen!